Best Practice - Publish AR Experience from Vuforia Studio
All steps from the Creo-model to the published AR experience.
17. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 17 Click the Explode button and see how the parts explode away from the assembly
3. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 3 Click Create to create a new figure.
21. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 21
11. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 11 Next, drag a Model on to the spatial target Click the plus sign next to Resources and add the PVZ - file from Creo Illustrate
8. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 8 Create an AR Experience in Vuforia Studio Import file from Creo Illustrate Start Vuforia Studio Create a new project by clicking the plus sign on the right hand side
6. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 6 Go to Animatio n - > Sequence Let’s record an explosion of the parts by translating each part away from the assembly center
7. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 7 Publish file Publish the file for Vuforia Studio by going to File - > Publish - > Publish
12. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 12 Select the model if necessary Then go to Properties - > Resources - > Select Resource, and choose the PVZ - file
9. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 9 Choose Mobile – Default project Set your Project Name and copy your Experience service URL for later use in the Vuforia View a pp
20. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 20 You can share the AR Experience from Vuforia Studio by clicking Share and then scan the QR - code from within the Vuforia View app. Or, you can add the Experience URL in the Settings for your Vuforia View ap p and then find your AR Experience in the Library inside the app.
19. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 19 Publish AR Experience Click Publish to publish the AR Experience If asked about ThingMark association, choose None. Open AR Experience in Vuforia View Download Vuforia View app for your smartphone and log into your PTC account.
5. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 5 Go back to the Figures tab and rename Figure1 to Drive, since we want the cart to drive its wheels for the Drive sequence. Create another Figure Let’s create another figure by clicking Figure - > New Figure. Let’s rename this figure Explode.
4. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 4 Create a Figure Go to Animation - > Sequence We can now start manipulating the parts in the assembly and automatically record each step For each wheel, rotate them 360 degrees and make sure to move each recording so they occur at the same time
10. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 10 Add a Spatial Ta rget and a M odel Drag a Spatial Target on to the canvas Enable S cale Gesture in the properties for the Spatial Target
18. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 18 Add Experience Thumbnail image Click on Info Add a n Image for the AR Experience
16. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 16 For the other button we need to call the Explode sequence, so go back to Home.js and enter the following code Click Save and go to the Explode button and inside Properti es - > Events - > Click add the function name “ExplodeSequence();” Preview the AR Experience Click Preview to show a preview of the AR Experience
2. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 2 Create an Assembly in Creo Parametric Inside Creo Parametric we create an assembly with individual parts like below Create sequences in Creo Illustrate Import the assembly into Creo Illustrate Close Creo Parametric first, then open Creo Illustrate and c hoose to Import - > Embed
13. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 13 Create 2D Buttons as graphical user interface Let’s click 2D in the canvas to switch to the 2D widgets view Let’s drag a button on to the canvas and name it Drive Styling buttons We want to style this button, so let’s go to Styles - > Applications
14. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 14 Enter the following CSS code and Save the project Next, go back to Views - > Home and click the Drive button and then in Properties - > Class enter our new class name “my - button1”, which will change the styling of the button Drag another button on to the canvas and call it Explode Inside Styles - > Applications, add another CSS class Next, go back to the properties of the Explode button and inside the Class textfield enter “my - button2” and see how it changes the styling
15. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 15 Add interactivity to buttons Next, we want to add the right sequence from the PVZ - file to be run when click the res pective button. This requires that we first need to know the names of the sequences, which we can find by making a copy of the PVZ - file and rename the copy to a ZIP - file and then unzip this ZIP - file, here we see their names Click on Views - > Home.js java script file Enter the following code Where spaces are replaced with “%20” and the model should have the same name as in Vuforia Studio which is “model - 1” in this case. Click Save and go back to Home and click the Drive button and in Properties click th e JS button next to Events - > Click and enter the function name “DriveSequence();”
1. www.pdsvision.se PDSVision 1 To Date Your reference PDSVision 20 1 9 - 0 3 - 0 6 PDSVision Publish AR Experience from Vuforia Studio – PDSVision Revision Da te Change note 1 201 9 - 0 3 - 0 6 First Edition 2 2019 - 03 - 07 Second Edition 3 Background, purpose Sometimes it is necessary to create a Digital Twin of your 3D Cad models and experience them in an augmented reality to easier learn how to repair them or replace spare parts.
- 103 Total Views
- 75 Website Views
- 28 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 3 188.8.131.52
- 1 184.108.40.206
Borrow License Guide for Creo Parametric587 Views .
Creo® Installation and Administration Guide 5493 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 5.0428 Views .
Common Issue - License Lost410 Views .
Installation information - Creo 4 from PTC381 Views .
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts380 Views .
Best Practice - Save As Methodology in Windchill372 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 4.0335 Views .
Best Practice - How to Avoid Ghost Objects329 Views .
Common Issue - create new lmadmin_ptc service310 Views .
Change License Mathcad Prime 4292 Views .
Installation guide Creo Simulate 6.0281 Views .
Best Practice - Convert Mathcad Files278 Views .
Best Practice - Create your own mapkeys273 Views .