- Does not require any additional licenses for Creo
- Easy to save new variants
- Easy to manage all referenced objects, such as drawings, to save them to the new structure
- Option to ”Update Parents” is available
- No intelligence for reusing the new copies as when using Options and Variants
This guide describes how it is done.
1. Best Practice Save As Methodology in Windchill Aug 2019
3. 1. Open the Workspace and download the top-assembly to save a new copy of 2. Mark the top-assembly and click File > Save As
5. 5. Exclude all formats (the formats should as a rule never be saved as new copies) 6. Use the Set New Name function to set su ffi xes to the new variant names
4. 3. Select the objects that should be saved as new objects and click “ Reuse ” 4. Choose if the new variants should collect and create a new drawing for the copied object:
2. Background Saving variants of already existing models is very common. One way to do this by using Windchill PDMLink and Creo Parametric is to Save Copies and modify them from Creo Parametric Pros Does not require any additional licenses for Creo Easy to save new variants Easy to manage all referenced objects, such as drawings, to save them to the new structure Option to ”Update Parents” is available Cons No intelligence for reusing the new copies as when using Options and Variants
6. 7. Update Parents, if there are any, according to the options below, then press Finish Options available in Update Parents step: • Replace Parent - Replaces the original parent with a new copy as the parent of a newly saved-as object. This option is available for checked out objects only, therefore the parent object has to be checked out • Reuse - Speci fi es not to copy the selected parent, but to reference the original parent in a new (saved as) structure • Check Out Parent - Initiates a simple (no user interface), immediate check-out of the parent object to allow modi fi cation of references
- 214 Total Views
- 159 Website Views
- 55 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 126.96.36.199
Creo® Installation and Administration Guide 5292 Views .
Borrow License Guide for Creo Parametric256 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 5.0251 Views .
Common Issue - License Lost233 Views .
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts205 Views .
Installation information - Creo 4 from PTC188 Views .
Best Practice - Create your own mapkeys177 Views .
Best Practice - How to Avoid Ghost Objects167 Views .
Common Issue - create new lmadmin_ptc service166 Views .
Installation Guide - Arbortext Editor 6.1161 Views .
Best Practice - Convert Mathcad Files153 Views .
Best Practice - Clear Local PDMLink Cache151 Views .
Install guide - Keyshot 8 nodelocked (windows)150 Views .
Best Practices - PTC Flush148 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 4.0146 Views .