Common Issue - Creo Shuts Down Unextextedly (Fatal Error)
Here is a list of action that you can take to verify your setup and to investigate and find the root cause of the errors:
1. Verify that you are running Creo Parametric on a supported platform
2. Verify and update Creo Parametric to latest datecode
3. Update graphic card drivers
4. Set up and use Performance Advisor for Creo Parametric at your company
5. Reset your local Windchill PDMLink-cache
6. Check your search paths
7. Try to turn off Anti-virus on issue machine
8. Run Creo Parametric with full administrator access rights
9. Check connection to license server and to the Windchill PDMLink server
Read through the guide for more info.
1. Common Issues What To D o if Creo Parametric Shuts D own U nexpectedly (Fatal E rror) Aug 2019
2. There is a number of different things to do if you are experiencing unexpected shutdowns of Creo Parametric in form of Fatal Errors . Here is a list of action that you can take to verify your setup and to investigate and find the root cause of the errors: 1. Verify that you are running Creo Parametric on a supported platform Check your hardware compared to PTC:s Hardware support matrices 2. Verify and update Creo Parametric to latest datecode Check the upcoming releases by controlling: PTC Product Calendar Download latest version of Creo Parametric: PTC Software Download 3. Update graphic card drivers Update drivers in Windows 10 Update drivers in Windows 7
3. 4. Set up and use Performance Advisor for Creo Parametric at your company Performance Advisor is a ThingWorx powered tool that helps you monitor your company’s Creo Parametric environment. The Performance Advisor will check the logs, compare them to the support database, and propose enhancements . More information: Setup Performance Advisor for Creo Parametric Further info how to get started with Performance Advisor for Creo Parametric 5. Reset your local Windchill PDMLink - cache If you are using Creo Parametric and Windchill PDMLink, make sure to sometimes clear your local Windchill cache. See guide: Best Practice - Clear local PDMLink cache 6. Check your search paths If you are working towards your local disc (using a working directory), make sure that you do not have any unauthorized signs in your search paths. Do not use “ space ”, åäö or other non - English letters. Change your search paths according to this example: C:/PTC/work/b ä rande p å le/ → C:/PTC/work /b a rande _ p a le/
4. 7. Try to turn off Anti - virus on issue machine Perform a test with your anti - virus turned off on your local machine to check if Creo Parametric is running better with it turned off If fewer errors occur with the anti - virus disabled, please contact your IT or anti - virus supplier to have them set exceptions for Creo Parametric 8. Run Creo Parametric with full administrator access rights Try to run Creo Parametric with full access rights to its folders Try to log in to the machine as administrator and run Creo Parametric 9. Check connection to license server and to the Windchill PDMLink server First off, make sure to test the connection using LAN - cabel instead of WIFI Verify your connection to the license server with your local IT - department Verify your connection to the PDMLink server over time with your local IT - department Note! If help is required to check and verify the performance of the Windchill PDMLink environment, please contact PDSVISION support or sales team to help set up: PTC System Monitor
- 271 Total Views
- 198 Website Views
- 73 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 220.127.116.11
- 1 18.104.22.168
Borrow License Guide for Creo Parametric614 Views .
Creo® Installation and Administration Guide 5503 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 5.0438 Views .
Common Issue - License Lost412 Views .
Installation information - Creo 4 from PTC391 Views .
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts385 Views .
Best Practice - Save As Methodology in Windchill378 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 4.0345 Views .
Best Practice - How to Avoid Ghost Objects335 Views .
Common Issue - create new lmadmin_ptc service321 Views .
Change License Mathcad Prime 4296 Views .
Installation guide Creo Simulate 6.0291 Views .
Best Practice - Convert Mathcad Files283 Views .
Best Practice - Create your own mapkeys279 Views .