The Performance Advisor helps to increase product development operational productivity, lower product development costs, and lower the cost of IT by proactively detecting performance issues.
1. Installation Guide Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill Aug 2019
10. Step 7. Access the Dashboard Now you can see the data from your system, but have in mind the initial data is available within 24 hours
7. Step 4. Edit the settings Go to the Settings tab and select the option Yes, I want to send data to PTC and click Save Settings
4. Step 1. Access the menu Log on to Windchill PDMLink as an Site administrator (for example wcadmin ) and go to Navigator > Browse > Site > Utilities > Windchill Performance
15. More help... Check out the Windchill Help online for more help regarding the Windchill Performance Advisor:
5. Step 2. Enter your SCN and your PTC account information If required, enter your credentials and click Validate SCN . You will get a con fi rmation when it is done successfully
6. Step 3. Test the transport Perform a test of transport by clicking Test Transport after the validation of SCN is done successfully. You will get a con fi rmation when the test transport has gone well
11. Step 8. Modify the Dashboard Edit which gadgets are shown via the Add Gadgets -icon in the upper right corner. You can rearrange the gadgets by drag-and-drop (click the header for each gadget)
8. Step 5. Access the Dashboard Open a web browser and go to https://support.ptc.com . Log in using your PTC account credentials Go to Tools > Performance Advisors
2. The Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill is a ThingWorx powered Dashboard which gives the users of Windchill PDMLink a combined view on the diagnostics from their Windchill installation The Performance Advisor helps to increase product development operational productivity, lower product development costs, and lower the cost of IT by proactively detecting performance issues In the initial release Performance Advisor is intended to support the monitoring of usage and general system characteristics. Future releases plan on adding additional issue reporting and diagnostic capabilities. The Dashboard contains multiple gadgets with additional drill down capabilities
9. Step 6. Access the Dashboard Open your Dashboard by clicking Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill Have in mind that su ffi cient time will have to have passed for data from performance advisor utility to be viewable in the dashboard. The availability of data depends on the transport frequency selected for the reports in the performance advisor utility. The initial data is available within 24 hours
3. Prerequisites To be able to activate the Performance Advisor for Windchill you need to have a PTC account that is upgraded (connected to your PTC Customer Number). If you do not have a PTC account you may create one on www.ptc.com using the information found in your sales con fi rmation order sent by e-mail. In the e-mail you can fi nd your Customer Number, Sales Order Number (SON) and Service Contract Number (SCN). A guide for how to create an account can be found on our Knowledge Base ( knowledgebase.pdsvision.com ).
13. Missing Data If the License Usage gadget shows missing data error, it probably occurs due to the following reasons: You have not opted for sending reports indicated in the gadget to PTC for your environment. To view and modify the settings for sending diagnostic data, click the Settings tab on the Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill Utility (presented earlier in this guide) The data source for the selected gadget is not supported for your version of Windchill. Refer to the table on the next slide for mapping between the Windchill reports and the Performance Advisor gadgets and pages that they populate
14. Missing Data * — Requires 10.2 M020 and 10.2 M030 patches.
12. Browser Support for Performance Advisor for Windchill You can access the Performance Advisor user interface using the following web browsers: Do the following before you run Performance Advisor on Internet Explorer 11.0+ 1. Click Internet Explorer > Tools > Compatibility View Settings 2. In the dialog box, remove ptc.com from Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View 3. Clear the Display intranet sites in Compatibility View checkbox 4. Click Close and OK
- 262 Total Views
- 180 Website Views
- 82 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 22.214.171.124
- 2 126.96.36.199
Borrow License Guide for Creo Parametric1019 Views .
Creo® Installation and Administration Guide 5720 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 6.0654 Views .
Common Issue - License Lost618 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 5.0616 Views .
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts585 Views .
Best Practice - How to Avoid Ghost Objects580 Views .
Installation information - Creo 4 from PTC580 Views .
Best Practice - Save As Methodology in Windchill577 Views .
Best Practice - Convert Mathcad Files572 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 4.0484 Views .
Change License Mathcad Prime 4475 Views .
Common Issue - create new lmadmin_ptc service449 Views .