Platform support Creo 5.0
Creo Direct 5.0
Creo Layout 5.0
Creo Parametric 5.0
Creo Simulate 5.0
(Here you can find the latest updated platform guides)
1. Hardware Notes - Creo 5 .0 Parametric , Direct , Layout , Options Modeler , Simulate Last updated: February 12, 2019 • Platform Support • System Requirements • Graphics Information • Certified and Supported Graphics Cards • Desktop Virtualization Environment Support • Supported Peripherals and Accessories • Supported MCAD Systems • Supported Finite Element Solvers • Platform Support for Data Exchange
4. Device 3DxSoftware version Status SpaceMouse® Enterprise 10.4.9 or later Certified SpacePilot® Pro 10.4.9 or later Certified SpaceMouse® Pro Wireless 10.4.9 or later Certified SpaceMouse® Pro 10.4.9 or later Certified SpaceMouse® Wireless 10.4.9 or later Certified SpaceNavigator® for Notebooks 10.4.9 or later Certified SpaceNavigator® 10.4.9 or later Certified CadMouse 10.4.9 or later Certified Plotters and Printers Creo 5.0 supports HPGL, HPGL/2 and PostScript standard plotting formats. In addition, Creo 5.0 supports the Microsoft Print Manager. Emulation Various manufacturers produce printers and plotters that may be compatible with or emulate a device that use a format which is supported by PTC. Most devices are not specifically tested by PTC and therefore, may not produce correct plotted output. PTC Technical Support will attempt to provide support for any printer which is using a stan dard supported format, but only to the extent of verifying the output to a previously tested and readily available printer. Any support pertaining to the correctness of emulation can only be made by the manufacturers of the device in question, and not by P TC. The Microsoft Printer Manager creates an emulation of what appears on the screen and attempts to print this. Since this emula tion is between the Print Manager driver and the printer/plotter driver, quality and results may vary. 3D Printers To speed up the development of Additive Manufacturing functionality, PTC is partnering with Stratasys, a manufacturer for 3D pri nting equipment, to streamline 3D printing workflows by using direct interaction between PTC Creo and supported Stratasys 3D printe rs. Support for additional printers is planned. Objet500 Connex3 Objet Studio 220.127.116.1181 prerequisite. Certified Supported MCAD Systems You can integrate several MCAD systems with Creo 5.0 Platforms Creo Elements/Direct (all languages ) CATIA (English only) Unigraphics (English only) 64 - bit Windows 7 , 8.1 and 10.0 18. 1 n/a NX7 Supported Finite Element Solvers You can integrate several Finite Element Solvers with Creo 5.0 for use in FEM mode. The following table lists the supported Finite Element Solvers and platforms. Platforms NASTRAN ANSYS 64 - bit Windows 7 , 8 .1 and 10.0 20 12 18.0
3. Dual Monitor Support Limited dual monitor support is pro vided in Creo 5.0 . PTC has successfully performed limited testing of some graphics card models from AMD and NVIDIA that support dual monitor capabilities. If your graphics card is certi fied for Creo 5.0 and provides dual monitor support**, PTC expects that it will run in this mode without issue. PTC will provide limited support to resolve issues arising when running in dual monitor mode, however, the entire solution will not be submitted for form al certification as a complete configuration. I n the event that dual monitor mode fails, we advise use of Span mode as a workaround. ** C onsult with AMD , NVIDIA, or the hardware platform partner to confirm the availability of this functionality with a gi ven graphics card that has been certif ied with Creo 5.0 . Certified and Supported Graphics Cards PTC provides Customer Support for all certified a nd supported g raphics cards. G raphics cards are part of a fully - certified or supported configura tion (such as a workstation model, operating system, graphics card, graphics card driver). PTC does not certify or support graphic cards independently from the configurations in which they are certified or supported. R efer to the official PTC Platform Support web page for specific hardware partners and available configurations. Additional certified and supported workstation hardware information will be added to the PTC Platform Support web page as our hardware partners complete certifications in preparation for p roduction Creo 5.0 shipment . \ Creo Simulation Live requires an NVI DIA Kepler, Maxwell or Pascal graphics card with a minimum of 4 GB of Video RAM. You may check your hardware compatibility using the PTCHardwareCheck tool available for download at PTC.COM . Workstation Vendor Certified and Supported Graphics Cards AMD (ATI) NVIDIA INTEL Dell Yes Yes No Cisco No Yes No Fujitsu Yes Yes No HP Yes Yes Yes HP E No No Yes Lenovo Yes Yes Yes Microsoft No No Yes Desktop Virtualization Environment Support PTC supports the following PTC Creo Applications to work in Virtualized Desktop Environments: - • PTC Creo 5.0 Parametric • PTC Creo 5.0 Direct • PTC Creo 5.0 Layout • PTC Creo 5.0 Simulate • PTC Creo 5.0 Options Modeler R efer to the official PTC Platform Support web page for specific hardware partners and available configurations. Supported Peripherals and Accessories 3D Controllers for Creo 5.0 Please refer to http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html for specific driver information. Using the latest driver provided by 3DConnexion is fully supported by PTC.
2. Platform Support Partner Operating System Operating System levels Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 - bit Edition 2 Windows 10 Pro for Workstation s 64 - bit Edition 2 Windows 10 Enterprise 64 - bit Edition 2 Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB 64 - bit Edition 2 Anniversary Edition (1607) Creators (1703) Fall Creators (1709) April 2018 Update (1803) October 2018 Update (1809) Windows 8.1 64 - bit Edition Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - bit Edition Base OS, Update (KB 2919355 ) All Microsoft Required Updates Installed. Windows 7 Professional 64 - Edition Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - Edition Windows 7 Enterprise 64 - Edition Service Pack 1 All Microsoft Required Updates Installed. Windows Server 2016 1 Base OS Windows Server 2012 R2 64 - bit Standard Edition 1 Base OS NOTES 1. Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 are sup ported in Batch Mode only . 2. PTC has not tested and does not support the Resilient File System (ReFS) with Creo. System Requirements Main Memory (RAM) Operating System Recommended amount Windows 10 64 - bit 4GB or higher Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 4GB or higher Windows 8.1 64 - bit 4GB or higher Windows 7 64 - bit 4GB or higher Internal Browser Support One of the following: • Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 • Embedded Chromium Browser Browser Support for PTC Creo 5.0 Help Center PTC Creo Help supports Internet Explorer 9.0 and later, and Mozilla Firefox 10.0.1 and later. The Help Center opens in your default browser. Monitor 1 2 80 x 1024 (or higher) resolution support with 24 - bit or greater color Network Microsoft TCP/IP Ethernet Network Adapter Mouse Microsoft - approved 3 - button mouse File systems NTF S - Universal Naming Convention (UNC) 2 Mis c. DVD drive NOTES 2. PTC does not test any specific technologies which provide UNC support (Samba, DFS, WebDAV, NAS appliances, etc .) Graphics Information For 3D - hardware acceleration, an OpenGL graphics card must be used that has been tested in a PTC - certified configuration. To ensure the compatibility of a graphics dri ver with Creo 5.0 , a PTC certified or supported hardware configuration is recommend ed. Graphics cards that support at least OpenGL 4 .0 are recommended for Creo 5.0 . PTC recognizes that customers can benefit from using latest graphics driver and performance optimizations and improvements made by PTC’s Graphics Hardware Partners. With new workstations being continuously certified by PTC, the most current graphics driver s used in the c ertification process can now be re - applied to previously certified configurations, as long as the configuration belongs to the same combination of workstation and graphics hardware families. Support for High DPI Monitors Creo 5.0 supports High DPI Mo nitors .
5. Platform Support for Data Exchange Processor Format Import / Export Pla tform Windows 64 - bit Image Formats BMP *.bmp – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch, export parts and assemblies via Distributed Pro/BATCH I/E Yes EPS *.eps – Save a Copy of parts and assemblies, export parts and assemblies via Distributed Pro/BATCH E Yes GIF *.gif – import via Image Editor , used in style feature as trace sketch I Yes HDR *.hdr – import via Image Editor I Yes JPEG *.jpg – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch, Save a Copy of parts and assemblies, export parts , assemblies and drawings via Distributed Pro/BATCH I/E Yes PDF *.pdf – Save a Copy of parts, assemblies and drawings, export parts and assemblies via Distributed Pro/BATCH E Yes Picture *.pic – Save a Copy of parts, assemblies and drawings E Yes PNG *.png – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes PTC Bumpmap *.tx1 – Edit via Image Editor I/E Yes PTC Color Texture *.tx4 – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes PTC Decal *.tx3 – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes PTC Image *.imf – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes RGB *.rgb – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes RLA *.rla - Edit via Image Editor , used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes Session Texture *.mem – Import via Image Editor I Yes Shaded Image *.shd – Edit via Image Editor, Save a Copy of parts and assemblies I/E Yes SHIMA - SEIKI *.pic – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes TGA *.tga – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch I/E Yes TIFF *.tif – Edit via Image Editor, used in style feature as trace sketch, Save a Copy of parts, assemblies and drawings, export parts and assemblies via Distributed Pro/BATCH I/E Yes 2D Formats Adobe Illustrator *.ai I Yes CGM *.cgm I/E Yes DWG *.dwg I/E Yes DXF *.dxf I/E Yes IGES *.igs I/E Yes Medusa s.* – Format generated by UNIX on export *.she – Format generated by Windows on export *.asc – (import) I/E Yes PDF *.pdf – Direct drawing export E Yes Creo View *.ed (structure) & *.plt (drawing) *.edz (compressed structure and drawings) *.pvs (structure) & *.plt (drawing) *.pvz (packaged structure and drawings) E Yes STEP *.stp – (import/export) *.step – ( import ) I/E Yes Stheno *.tsh I/E Yes
6. 3D Formats ACIS *.acs I/E Yes Autodesk Inventor *.iam, *. ipt I Yes CATIA V4 *.model – (import/export) *.exp, *.session – (import) Requires PTC Creo CATIA V4 Collaboration Extension license for export and update I/E No CATIA V5 *.CATPart *.CATProduct *.cgr - Facet Only Requires PTC Creo CATIA V5 Collaboration Extension license for export and update I/E Yes DWG *.dwg – import with embedded ACIS, export facet geometry I/E Yes DXF *.dxf – import with embedded ACIS, export facet geometry I/E Yes Granite *.g I/E Yes JT *.jt Requires Interface for JT license I/E Yes IBL *.ibl I Yes ICEM *.icm I Yes IGES *.igs – (import/export) *.iges – (import) I/E Yes Neutral *.neu I/E Yes Optegra visualize *.gbf Facet Only E Yes Parasolid 3D *.xmt, *.xmt_txt, *.x_t, *.xmt_neu, *.x_n *.xmt_bin , *.x_b – (import) *.x _ t – (export) I/E Yes PDF *.pdf – Direct model export E Yes Points *.pts I Yes Creo View *.ed (structure) & *.ol (models) *.edz (compressed structure and models) *.pvs (structure) & *.ol (models) *.pvz (packaged structure and models) I/E Yes Render *.slp – Facet Only E Yes Rhino *.3dm I Yes SolidEdge *.par, *.asm. I Yes SolidWorks *.sldprt, *.sldasm . I/E Yes STEP *.stp – (import/export) *.step – ( import ) I/E Yes STL *.stl – Facet Only I/E Yes U3D *.u3d E Yes Unigraphics *.prt (UG format) Requires PTC Creo UG/NX Collaboration Extension license for export and update I/E Yes VDA *.vda I/E Yes VRML *.wrl – Facet Only I/E Yes Wavefront *.obj I Yes ECAD Formats Allegro *.mdb – For board outline files *.mdc – For component placement files *.mdf – For footprint files, such as the ones in component outline libraries I/E Yes DAZIX *.edn – N eutral file of the board outline and component placement. Dazix refers to this as a core file. *.edp – P rofile file that contains component outlines. Dazix refers to this as a library file I/E Yes EDMD *.idx I/E Yes IDF *. emn – (import/export) *.emp – library file (import) I/E Yes Neutral *.nwf I/E Yes Creo Schematics *.xml I Yes Visula *.evs I/E Yes NOTES Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) may provide additional format support but is dependent on operating system, installed software components, and third - party support for OLE.
- 88 Total Views
- 65 Website Views
- 23 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 18.104.22.168
Creo® Installation and Administration Guide 5312 Views .
Borrow License Guide for Creo Parametric269 Views .
Installation guide - Creo Parametric 5.0263 Views .
Common Issue - License Lost245 Views .
Best Practice - Save As Methodology in Windchill222 Views .
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts216 Views .
Installation information - Creo 4 from PTC208 Views .
Best Practice - Create your own mapkeys187 Views .
Best Practice - How to Avoid Ghost Objects184 Views .
Common Issue - create new lmadmin_ptc service183 Views .
Installation Guide - Arbortext Editor 6.1171 Views .
Best Practice - Convert Mathcad Files165 Views .
Best Practices - PTC Flush163 Views .
Best Practice - Clear Local PDMLink Cache158 Views .